OUR HISTORY

Our history of serving the families of White County and surrounding areas dates back over fifty years. Smith Funeral Home, operated by the Smith and Slaughter families, was located in the 700 block of East Race Street and provided care for bereaved families from the 1950's into the 1960's when it was purchased by Lynn McEuen and Jack Fish. In 1977, Mr. McEuen felt that, in order to better serve area families, a new facility was needed. McEuen Funeral Home was constructed at 2501 East Moore Avenue and was operated by Mr. McEuen until his retirement in 1985. Mr. Sheldon Madden purchased the funeral home and continued operating under the McEuen Funeral Home name and still owns the business today.

In 1997. Searcy Funeral Home openedl ocated at 2616 South Main Street in Searcy and began to flourish. Mr. DeWitt operated the funeral home, with success, until 2002 when an agreement was made with Mr. Madden to merge with McEuen Funeral Home. It was decided, shortly after, to re-locate all operations to the Main Street location which provided a more spacious and modern facility and call it Searcy-McEuen Funeral Home. Although a larger, nicer facility, renovations began almost immediately. A new business office was constructed along with chapel remodeling, a new embalming facility, a new casket selection room and more paved parking.

Our staff work diligently to provide a standard of service unmatched in the funeral service profession.

Meet Our Staff

Virtual Tour of Our Funeral Home